Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Journey Begins

I haven't read a heck of a lot since I was a child. Sure, I've read the occasional John Grisham book, and I've read plenty of math texts. But as a child I read tons and tons of books -- mostly classics. So one of my two resolutions for 2011 is to read 50 books (book-a-week, but even the most voracious of readers deserve some time off). Some of these are books I've already started. Some are books I've already read (but only if it's been a long time since I've read it and if I remember very little of the storyline). Some will be bridge books, but those are like work, and I want to get back to reading for fun (fiction, classics, etc.). Some will be about poker, finance, cooking, television, and other hobbies of mine.

So this is my accountability blog. Following in the footsteps of my good friend Mark (http://aproposofmark.com), I'll post some book reviews as I polish them off.

Welcome to the blog. I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Preempting the question: my second resolution is to get into shape. I'm running the Lake Placid marathon on June 12 if all goes according to plan. Good luck me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goal. I need to just buckle down and finish the books I started in 2010 first: Pamuk's Istanbul, Coate's two books on Bordeaux, Lewis's Short and Hitchen's god. I will start off with Tanpinar's Peace after these. What do you have planned?

    ReplyDelete